Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week Catch-Up

I've been a little lazy about posting this week. I did get out with the guys on Tuesday at a local Lutheran school that is on an old par 3 golf course. They have cut a cross country course around the old course which makes a great cyclocross training ground. (note: I've decided to stop the nicknames for all the guys I ride with. It's to much to try to keep up with) It's a small crowd that goes out but all the guys are strong riders. Doug, Nate P, Jeff, and a current state jersey holder and mountain/cross extraordinaire Chad. It was great following these guys around and learning their lines and then chasing their accelerations. Each time I get out I feel a little less like a fish out of water and with the ride to and from work it was a nice 40+ mile day.

This weekend we went to ATX to see family, race on Sunday (full report to follow in the next couple of days), and check out the Texas Custom Bike Show that was there with the LiveStrong Challenge. Here is a few photos from the small show. (sorry for the photo quality, was using a loaner camera I didn't know because I left mine at home.)


Beautiful Classic Steel


Nice ride from a new local builder


Great townie


Fixie action (love the track bars)


More fixie (crazy wheels)


Awesome Crumpton CycloX build (my runner-up)

Beautiful Alchemy fixie with Paul crank (my Best in Show)

No comments:

Post a Comment