Wednesday, June 16, 2010

End of an Era

It all started in February of 2007, I purchased my first road frame on eBay.

This beautiful Cannondale Caad8 frame.



It then became my first road bike. Looking back now it's amazing to see what a shoddy build it was but I built it myself and thus begin my addiction.


It slowly morphed into different forms over the next 3 years as upgrades were made.


It took my on my first ever race, a two man TT at Tour de Gruene in the fall of 2007 and my first road race at Copperas Cove in January of 2008. Since then it has been in many races and a couple of crashes, earning it a nice dent on the top tube but it still kept going.


It's final form, having grown with me from a Cat 5 beginner to a Cat 3 racer. It will always have a special place in my heart but it's time for retirement.


It's frame set again, sitting around with an odd mixture of spare parts. Maybe someday it will be a full bike and feel the air rushing by as it flies along the roads. But for now rest, you have earned it and you will always be my bike and we will ride again.

No comments:

Post a Comment