Monday, March 1, 2010

Bike Christmas

This is the time of year when it's what I like to call Bike Christmas. My employer gives nice health incentives each year that have gone a long way towards funding my bike habit. Each year when this extra cash flow comes in it starts a series of buying new parts and selling old parts on eBay. This buying and selling of parts on eBay has become a trade that I can execute with such efficiency that it allows me to continually upgrade with little to no cost and sometimes I even come out with extra money.

This year I completed the following swaps:

I sold my Garmin Edge 705 and bought a Powertap mentioned earlier in an earlier entry.

I sold the Powertap computer since navigating on it was like trying to communicate in Morse code and bought the new Garmin Edge 500. (Love the Edge 500 so far!! Will write more once I have some more time with it)


I purchased DT Swiss 240 hubs to upgrade the cheap no-name hubs on my race wheels.


I sold my Ritchey Hammerhead TT bars and purchsed 3T Ventus TT bars and the Selle San Marco Zoncolan TT saddle as part of the TT bike overhaul. (Here is a sneak peak of what will be part of the TT bike makeover. A full write up will come once it is complete)





No comments:

Post a Comment