Friday, January 2, 2015

Part Deux

Happy New Year!! So a lot has changed since I last blogged. It's hard to know where to start and how to reintroduce this blog and it's current direction.
When I was blogging last, it was primarily focused on road racing. That was a fun chapter in life but one that's pretty much over for me. I had to take a break from it for the past several years as I focused on finishing grad school and a progressing career. Coming out on the other side, I don't plan to start road racing again. I still love riding and want to race cyclocross but there's a different balance to life. I want this blog to reflect that balance. I also think I've grown as an individual, becoming more confident and secure in who I am. I'm not what is romanticized in our cycling culture. I'm not a rebel, hipster, artist, or skinny racer. I'm a fairly normal guy with a great family, good career, that loves food and travel. In addition to the balance, I want this blog to be reflective of who I am, not modeling after what others do well. 

To sum it up, this blog will be about sharing my passion for cycling to include information produced by others that I find inspiring. I will also share general musings about life and career. I hope reading this inspires the confidence, balance, and honesty in others. 
Thank you,


No comments:

Post a Comment